Work With Us
|Reporting To||Head, Research and Data|
About Praja Foundation
Founded in 1998, Praja is a non-partisan organization enabling accountability in governance. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspective so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build the awareness of, and mobilize action by the government and elected representatives.
Praja believes that uninformed and disengaged elected representatives and administration, rather than existing systems or policies, are responsible for the lack of good governance. Additionally, there is a paucity of tools to facilitate effective interaction between citizens and the local government.
Praja conducts data driven research and provides information on various local governance issues to citizens, media, and government administration. Over the years, Praja has collected innumerable data and published various reports on these issues. Praja is now looking to increase its visibility through various media by ensuring that the organizations experience and expertise are well communicated.
The role of the Communications Officer will be to drive Praja’s various integrated communication that includes social media, newsletters, print publications with a goal to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organisation.
• Collaborate with various internal functions to understand the organization; content Praja creates and various published white papers.
• Develop and execute Praja’s communication strategy across all media, including press to raise Praja’s profile.
• Monitor social media sites and Praja’s website in co-ordination with our website partners.
• Copywriting and production of key collaterals, presentations, newsletters and other publications including Annual Report.
• Create photo posts and easy-to-produce formats/infographics to create engaging social media content.
• Ensure that the communications collaterals are cohesive and coordinated across the organisation.
• Carry out general communications and marketing tasks that may arise in regard to certain events.
• Prepare power point presentations to represent Praja externally as necessary.
• Deal with enquiries from external stakeholders, the press, and related organisations if need be.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Post graduate degree/diploma in Communications/ Mass Communication/ Marketing Communication or other related fields.
• 2-3 years’ experience in social media marketing, advertising, corporate communications, advertising agency or doing communications and media work in an NGO.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills; Good command over MS PowerPoint and MS Excel. • Have impeccable integrity and high personal ethics.
• Ability to work in collaboration with internal cross functional teams.
• Team player with a keen sense of responsibility towards the Organisation; offers willingness to deliver at short notice and odd hours and stretches oneself during crisis situation.
• Calm and composed nature, patience, adaptable attitude and friendly approach towards everyone.
• Knowledge of Hindi and Marathi would be an added advantage.
• Willingness to travel when required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with knowledge and experience levels. Please apply with your resume (including current and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org